Saturday, June 23, 2007

Day 13 (Belated) & 14: Effingham, IL, Dayton, and West Chester, OH

On Friday morning (I think it was Friday; I've started to lose track of days), I helped Katie's mom's Little House on the Prairie class cook sourdough pretzels. Because, y'know, I'm such an excellent baker.

"Hey guys, watch this."




Notice all the skeptical glances.


Serious concentration.


Why did the poor man open a bakery? Because he kneaded the dough! Get it?


You need fast hands to make pretzels like these.


So tidy.


I got just a little flour on myself, too.


Katie and I show off the finished products of our labor. See, Katie was in fact present for this part of the trip.


On Friday afternoon, I drove down to Dayton to visit CJ. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, no photographic evidence exists for this portion of the trip. CJ and I did make a fairly decent bean bag toss (cornhole) team, though.

It's now Saturday and I'm sitting at my friend Andrea's house in the Cincinnati suburbs. It is strange to be back in Ohio, and to have all my clocks read the correct time (now that I'm back in the eastern time zone.) Sadly, though, tomorrow is the end of my trip.

No comments: