Saturday, June 16, 2007

Day 7: Omaha

On Saturday, Sarah and I caught two games of the College World Series. It was very hot, and we are very burnt, but we also had a very good time.

Here's me in front of the new CWS statue.


Here's another shot of me, since I may or may not have been paying attention in the first shot.


Here's the statue without the smiling dork.


Here's Arizona State taking batting practice.


Our seats for the first game were in the third row of the right field bleachers. This establishing shot shows how close Sarah and I were to the action.


Here's Cal-Irvine warming up in front of their dugout.


My first shot of the scoreboard.


ASU taking fungo practice. Hooray fungo practice. (Boo FireFox for not including "fungo" in its spell check dictionary.)


UCI's turn for practice. The Anteaters had several guys who could hit homers to right on a regular basis. A few came really close to us.


UCI warming up in the bullpen.


And ASU's bullpen.


I tried to take pictures of those people I vaguely recognized. Here's Ben Orloff.



Here's the organist, Lambert. My camera didn't react in time before the video panned away from his face.


Here's Cody Cipriano.



And Andrew Romine.



We had to exit the stadium and stand in line to get into the second game - Fullerton vs. Oregon State. Fortunately - somewhat - we wanted to move from right field to left anyways. Here's the back of the scoreboard, as we were waiting in line.


Here's our view of the field from left. We were in the second level this time.


Here's the luxury/press box above the first base line.


OSU warms up.


Fullerton didn't mess around with warmup jerseys.


More fungo-ing.


More poor photography. This was OSU fungo-ing.


This is the first time I took a shot of the flags in center. Sarah says that when a team is eliminated, their flag is lowered.


Finally, some activity in Fullerton's bullpen.


We saw two good games; ASU won 4-3 and OSU won 3-2. Tomorrow is another long day, as I'll be going from Omaha to the Negro Leagues Museum in Kansas City en route to St. Louis. Unfortunately, I had to scrap a stop at the Knute Rockne crash site. Maybe next time.

No comments: