Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Day 2 (Belated): Chicago

Monday, I did (almost) nothing, and it was everything I hoped it would be. Actually, Yonto and I got up early for mass at St. Clement's - it was their end of school mass. After that, we went over to Jess' to take advantage of the Internet connection.

That evening, we found our way out to Downers Grove to meet up with Pete and Klondike at Ballydoyle, a "serviceable Irish pub."

I call this shot in my portfolio "Time Passes Along." Actually, I just accidentally hit the shutter button when I was passing my camera to Klondike.


"Eight megapixels?! You'll be able to make out my nose hairs!"


At Ballydoyle, I tried the chicken and spinach boxty. Presentation: A. Taste: A. Photography: D-.


Yonto's Guinness was served in a Beamish Stout glass. I thought his glass said "BE AMISH"... despite the fact that I myself was drinking a Beamish at the time.


Yonto and Klondike, and Pete and I entered the bags tournament the bar was having. "Bags" is apparently the local slang for cornhole. I still like to call it bean bag toss. Unfortunately, there is no photographic evidence of how awesome we did. Or not.

I neglected to pay attention to the bus schedule for the ride home. So, as Yonto and I were standing outside of Union Station, we had some time to kill. Here's a picture of the Sears Tower, taken before I learned how to turn off my flash.


Here's another picture of the tower taken from a different angle, after I learned to turn off my flash.


As I said, I dropped the ball on the bus schedule. But fortunately Jess was able to bail me out by picking up Yonto and me in front of Union Station and taking us home.

On deck for Tuesday: visiting the bones I didn't see yesterday and planning my trip to Washington, IL tomorrow.

No comments: